Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gear Up-Chinese Combat Shovel

Lucille, God gave me a gift. I shovel well. I shovel very well.

I want to make it clear right now that I'm going to try my best, in this post as well as henceforth, to try to stay away from politics. That said, I really wish I could've bought USA-made and still gotten the quality for around the same price as I was able to, but even with a bit of searching, I couldn't so Ol' Big Red it was.

Anyways, combat shovel. You may be asking yourself, why? What possible purpose does a combat shovel have relative to the denizens of the unknown? Well, much like the body is the temple of the mind, the physical world still reigns king when it comes to considerations one should have when stalking around in the dark. And let me tell you, this thing can theoretically do all but vote in the primaries. Check this out...

So, we have the basic survival aspects of the investivgation pretty much all but covered with this thing. But what of the supernatural? Two specific attributes of this device come readily to mind; it has a hollow handle and it has a blade on one edge (albeit very dull). The hollow handle doesn't seem like much, but seriously, I'm finding that you can pack a-lot in there, with matches, fishing line, a small razor and a couple of nails. What I'd like to do is lose all that (well, maybe keep the matches), and toss in a small flashlight and flare. That covers the light angle, which seems to be a major component of the terror experienced while hunting about for bogeys. As well, using the shovel as a weapon, I think I'm going to go ahead and get at least the non-saw side coated in multiple places with different spiritually-significant metals, such as maybe one inch of the blade being silvered, another being cold-iron coated, another being meteoric-iron coated, and maybe the last inch being coppered. To be honest, I have no idea how I'd go about making this mega-weapon happen but...OOOOOH DAAAANG, just came up with it! Electroplating! Simple high school chemistry that's super easy to do, I'd just need to grab a couple of reagents and a decent battery and then wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, we're there.

Well, it looks like I've got a homework assignment. As soon as I've got the base ingredients to make the modifications to the weapon, I'll let you guys know how it goes, and maybe post a how-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment